ATLANTA, GEORGIA (February 21, 2023) – Jason Nettles, managing director of Northmarq’s Atlanta multifamily investment sales team, moderated the development panel at France Media’s 13th annual InterFace Multifamily Southeast conference on December 1.
Other panel topics were investment, leasing/management/operations and architecture/design/construction. The event focused on who is buying, building, operating and financing apartment properties in Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, Tennessee and the Carolinas.
The fact that capital partners have raised the required return thresholds on multifamily deals was a key takeaway from the event. This trend speaks to the larger pattern of capital sources displaying heightened levels of scrutiny when deciding on what deals to commit debt or equity.
Topics investigated at the conference:
- What is driving record rental rate increases and is it sustainable?
- Is it pencils down in the investment market or will deals continue to happen in spite of the rising interest rate environment?
- What is the activity level? Who’s buying? Who’s selling? Where are cap rates headed?
- Are Southeast markets generating enough new supply to meet demand?
- What is the development pipeline for the near term? How is the SFR/BTR phenomena impacting things?
- What is the big picture outlook for the economy and could a recession derail Southeast multifamily markets?
- How severely are rising interest rates impacting the capital markets and lending environment?
- What are the most pressing issues and challenges in leasing, management and operations?
- What are the new trends in architecture, design and construction?
- What is the outlook for the Atlanta, Charlotte, Nashville and Orlando markets?