Based in Seattle and Portland, 13 CPX brokers and four Westlake Associates brokers join to expand CRE client services in the region.
MINNEAPOLIS (Aug. 17, 2023) — Northmarq is pleased to announce 13 brokers from CPX, LLC, have partnered with four Westlake Associates brokers to join the company and form new commercial and multifamily investment sales teams in the Pacific Northwest.
Establishing new Seattle and Portland offices represents Northmarq’s strategic investment in business growth and client servicing opportunities throughout the Pacific Northwest. It also reinforces the company’s commitment to offer clients best-in-class service across the commercial investment sales space, beginning with its acquisition of Stan Johnson Company and Four Pillars Capital Markets in October 2022 and continuing this year with national expansion.
“We couldn’t be more excited to welcome this exceptional group to Northmarq,” said CEO Jeffrey Weidell. “These teams, along with several new offices that opened in California earlier this year, will solidify our coast-to-coast coverage for multifamily and commercial investment sales.”
Officed in Seattle and Portland, the brokers – along with nine sales support team members – will work in partnership with Northmarq’s Seattle (Bellevue) debt and equity office, which has been offering a complete range of CRE financing options in this region since 2009.
“We have long recognized the Pacific Northwest as a vibrant region with tremendous growth opportunities,” said Trevor Koskovich, president – Investment Sales. “As we continue to recruit and build national talent to best serve our clients’ evolving needs and interests, we knew this was the right team — and the right time — to expand into this market.”
PORTLAND – Commercial Investment Sales
“This is an ideal opportunity to broaden the level of service we can provide to clients,” said Kevin Adatto, former owner and managing partner of CPX. “By joining Northmarq, we’ll be well-positioned to execute at an even higher level, while maintaining our team culture, autonomy and collaboration that has allowed us to excel in the Pacific Northwest.”
Adatto joins Northmarq as managing director, bringing 25 years of investment sales leadership and experience working with both institutional and private clients throughout the Pacific Northwest and Intermountain West. He began his career at CBRE in 1999 and moved to what became CPX in 2005. Adatto has consistently been recognized as a top investment broker, largely due to his client-first approach and attention to detail.
Adatto reports directly to Jeff Cox, executive managing director – Commercial Investment Sales, and leads the Portland Commercial Investment team (all formerly with CPX). Over the past two years, they closed 189 transactions totaling $1.2B. Team members include:
- Scott Frank, senior vice president, specializes in retail investment sales with an emphasis on multi-tenant properties. He was a partner at CPX and had been with the firm for over 20 years.
- Sean Mack, senior vice president, specializes in retail investment sales with an emphasis on single-tenant properties. He was a partner at CPX and had been with the firm for over 20 years.
- Peter Dunn, vice president, has more than 14 years of commercial real estate experience focusing on retail and office sales. He served as a CPX senior broker for over 10 years.
- Michael Kapnick, vice president, has performed numerous brokerage, consulting, and valuation engagements during his 32-year career. He was a senior broker with CPX.
- Lance Sasser, vice president, brings more than 13 years of investment sales experience across the Northwest. He joined CRE in 2010 and served as a senior broker.
- Anthony Albrecht, associate, specializes in office and industrial investment property dispositions with a strong background in secondary and tertiary markets. He was an associate at CPX, where he focused on office and industrial sales in the Pacific Northwest.
SEATTLE – Commercial Investment Sales
Sean Tufts, managing director, has over 20 years of experience in retail and shopping center sales in the Pacific Northwest with a focus on private and institutional clients and developers. He has been named a top retail investment broker in Washington state yearly. Prior to joining Northmarq, Tufts served as managing partner and owner of CPX, where he opened the Seattle office in 2011.
Tufts reports directly to Jeff Cox and leads the Seattle Commercial Investment team:
- Joe Dugoni, associate broker, specializes in business and deal management with public and institutional companies, developers, family offices and private high-net-worth clients. He served as a broker deal manager at CPX.
“Leveraging technology and exceptional client relationships has been a cornerstone at CPX and will continue to be our focus as we provide the best outcome for our clients,” said Tufts. “By joining Northmarq, we now have significantly more horsepower behind us as it relates to technology, national relationships, information sharing and most importantly, a capital markets program that initiates and services billions of dollars in debt annually.”
SEATTLE – Multifamily Investment Sales
Tyler Smith joins Northmarq as senior vice president after working at Westlake Associates for 19 years as a top producer. Smith contributed to over 150 transactions between 2019 and 2023, and his primary focus has been on the sale of middle market multifamily assets throughout Washington and the Pacific Northwest.
“After 19 years at Westlake Associates, it took something special for our team to move,” Smith said. “Seeing the investment Northmarq has made in growing its investment sales platform made this an ideal opportunity. We’re excited to work with the entire Seattle and Portland teams, as well as Northmarq’s established local debt and equity group.”
Smith reports directly to Vince Norris, regional managing director, and leads the Seattle Multifamily Investment Sales team:
(formerly with Westlake Associates)
- Steve Fischer, senior vice president, has over 17 years of experience in multifamily investment sales and more than 10 years as a multifamily property owner and manager.
- Joe Kinkopf, senior vice president, began his CRE career in 2016. He was awarded for top production and sales volume in 2022 and has since achieved over $400M in transactions.
- Brendan Greenheck will serve as associate broker at Northmarq. He joined the CRE industry in 2022 and is a lifelong Washington resident with a local knowledge in the Seattle market.
(formerly with CPX)
- Casey Zejdlik, senior vice president, has accomplished over 250 transactions throughout his 18-year career. Most recently, he led the multifamily division at CPX, where he served as managing partner and owner. Earlier in his career, he was the founder of Pilot Ventures and spent six years as a nuclear engineer in the U.S. Navy, where he received two Navy Achievement Medals.
- Matt Johnston, vice president, specializes in connecting buyers and sellers within multifamily communities. As a multifamily investment sales broker, he successfully completed nearly 150 transactions on behalf of private capital and institutional clients and received the 2023 Next Generation Award from Connect CRE.
- Andreya Derby, associate broker, completed the broker-in-training program at CPX and has over five years in the multifamily sector as an experienced analyst.
- Taylor Wyman, associate broker, joins Northmarq as an experienced broker on CPX’s top-producing team. He brings extensive market knowledge from his previous roles as a multifamily appraiser and analyst.
CPX was established in 2021 through a merger of two established regional firms with roots to 1997. Based out of Seattle and Portland, the company was built on the principle of an open concept brokerage that encourages a collaborative mindset and the sharing of information and expertise.
About the former Westlake Multifamily Investment Sales team
With over 40 years of combined brokerage experience, Tyler Smith, Joe Kinkopf and Steve Fischer will continue to serve the Northwest with a focus on private capital middle market transactions. The team has closed over 70 transactions over the last two years.