- Conditions in the Phoenix multifamily market strengthened during the third quarter. Vacancy tightened and rents spiked. The investment market responded to the favorable fundamentals with an uptick in sales activity.
- Vacancy in Phoenix fell 10 basis points during the third quarter, reaching 5.7 percent. The rate is unchanged from one year ago and has remained in a tight range since 2016.
- Rents continue to rise at a rapid rate. Asking rents rose 1.8 percent from the second quarter to the third quarter, reaching $1,056 per month. Asking rents have surged 8 percent during the past 12 months.
- Apartment deliveries have been on the rise, with more than 2,500 units coming online in the third quarter. Completions have topped 6,300 units year to date.
- Investment conditions were mixed during the third quarter, with activity picking up as the median price crept lower. Cap rates have remained very consistent throughout the year, averaging 5.3 percent.