Pat Minea, executive vice president/regional managing director, led the Minneapolis NAIOP capital markets update on March 11 at the Golden Valley Country Club in Golden Valley, Minnesota. The session was titled, “Lender and investor appetite for commercial real estate continues to be strong in 2020.”
Along with a look at local, regional and national market trends, the panel also covered the recent news regarding the industry’s reaction to the coronavirus and the drop in index rates and the stock market.
Topics covered during the conversation included:
- What different types of properties investors are looking for today
- How investors and lenders are underwriting commercial real estate at the top of the cycle
- Return and yield objectives
- How lenders stand out in a crowded field
- The underlying source of investors’ capital
- Other motivations for buying and lending
- Minneapolis versus other markets
- Ross Dahlin, vice president – Business Banking at Great Western Bank
- Jon Miller, managing Director – Värde Partners
- Holly L. Wathan, CCIM, Regional Director – PPM America, Inc.
- Tom O’Brien, executive director – Cushman & Wakefield