Minneapolis office senior vice president/senior director James Hoopes moderated a panel titled “Capital’s King: Equity & Debt Solutions for Apartment Investors & Developers” on Friday, January 11 as part of the 2019 Apartment Summit held by the Minnesota Real Estate Journal at the Radisson Blu located in the Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota.
In front of a crowd of more than 650+ commercial real estate professionals, Hoopes led his seasoned panelists through the following topics:
- What type of deals are Fannie & Freddie looking to target today
- How has underwriting changed
- What is the future for the agency lenders
- What is the outlook for 2019 and beyond for lenders, buyers, sellers, developers and investors?
- Who is lending, and what are some alternative sources of capital?
- Which deals are more likely to get done and what are the capital requirements
- What changes should we expect in underwriting criteria and how can we get deals done?
- What types of governmental programs are available and how do I access them?
The panel featured the following industry experts:
- Moderator: Jim Hoopes, Senior Vice President, NorthMarq
- Karen Dubrosky, Vice President, Dougherty Mortgage
- Bill Iacobucci, Director Multifamily Division, Fannie Mae
- Nick Place, Chief Lending Officer, Bridgewater Bank
- Joel Torborg, Senior Vice President, CBRE Capital Markets
- Edward Corbett, Director Production & Sales, Freddie Mac